Delicious on their own, on a trail, or on a cheese plate.
- 2 Cups organic, gluten-free steel cut oats
- 1/2 Cup organic oat flour
- 1.2 cup organic sprouted wheat flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup firm organic salted butter
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Coconut Sugar
- ¼ Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
- Use a pastry blender to combine all of the dry ingredients with butter, then add dissolved baking soda.
- Press it out onto a baking sheet to approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes to firm up the dough, then remove and score down the middle and across to make 8-10 squares.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown. They should be crisp and crunchy.
- Separate the cakes along the score lines with a thin knife and then allow them to cool on a baking rack.
- Enjoy with your favorite tea, goat cheese and honey, and fruit. Or package up to take with you on a hike or long drive for sustained energy!
From the Living Well recipe collection.