Living Well Water: electrolyte replacement recipe
Each and every day we see people in our office that are moderately to severely dehydrated. It shows up on our Zyto testing and it shows up in our energy testing. It shows up in their symptoms… headaches, foggy brain, poor sleep, constipation, aches and pains. I was becoming more and more confused by this because these were people that I knew were drinking the appropriate amount of water per day, so I started to examine this issue more closely.
Just like the earth, we are made up primarily of water, and if that water is stagnant then so are our bodies, promoting acidity, disease, and malfunction. Our bodies were designed to drink cold running water from streams, bubbling up from springs that are deep within the ground pulling up salts and minerals along with it, but we no longer have access to that living, vibrant water, which decreases our wellness in significant ways. The water that we drink now has lost it’s essential nature, and the quality is poor, which inhibits our ability to utilize it in our system. And as a result, we have become chronically dehydrated as a society.
I found that drinking water in the appropriate amount is not enough. City water is polluted with chemicals - fluoride & chlorine - known to create disturbance in neurological function. Bottled water is manufactured and captured in containers that are full of chemicals that cause toxicity in the body. Well water is a receptacle for run off from pesticides, herbicides and insecticides, or depending on location other chemicals. But we need to find the best way to use what’s available and help our bodies absorb it for proper hydration so that we can function at our peak efficiency.
Recommendations from most medical practitioners to treat dehydration include pedialyte and gatorade, but I was astounded and appalled by the list of ingredients in those products. See for yourself how offensive this list is: Pedialyte - Water, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Sodium Citrate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Zinc Gluconate, and Yellow 6. Let me break that down for you - TWO artificial sweeteners, MSG a known neurotoxin, and Yellow 6 specifically linked to cancer, hyperactivity, and sleep disturbances in children and adults. You can read more about that here: https://www.isitbadforyou.com/quest…/is-yellow-6-bad-for-you if you want to. The whole thing is extremely disturbing. People that use those products are typically the most unwell people, they are the ones that need the BEST ingredients to create a positive healing response in their frail bodies. Yes, it makes me angry. It really does.
So what are the alternatives and how do we hydrate properly to heal, maintain, and enhance our health??
1. We can start by eating foods that have a high water content, like cucumbers, watermelon, and peppers. 20% of our hydration levels are increased with proper foods.
2. Purify your water with a reverse osmosis system, and avoid plastic storage of any kind.
3. Fortify that water with an infusion of fresh organic lemons, colima sea salt, and honey. Optionally adding 1/4 of a teaspoon of azomite powder provides 70+ trace minerals with every sip. Azomite or ORME, which is an acronym for Orbitally Rearranged Monatomic Element,is volcanic ash minerals that improve energy flow between the cells of the body, help to clear your mind, balance the sodium, potassium and magnesium levels in your body, hydrate your cells for sustained productivity, and increase cell regeneration helping you look and feel younger. It’s an excellent addition to your living water.
4. As a guideline, continue to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces everyday.
5. Avoid all products that are artificially sweetened and/or have food dye additives.
These simple steps will help bring life back into your water which will bring life back into you!
If you would like a copy of our Living Well Water recipe, an excellent electrolyte replacement drink, please comment below or private message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.